Week 32: God's Canvas




So yesterday morning I was in the Walmart parking lot and I saw this.  In person it was even more amazing.  I did not have my camera with me, so I was able to try out my panorama setting on my camera phone and I think it worked out pretty well!  Something lately about clouds and skies has me captivated lately.  Much of it is just the sheer beauty of God's creation.  I mean each day the sky is a canvas and on some days it is blank and other days it has arrays of colors that just leave me amazed. 

I spent about 3 hours organizing my two CF cards for my cameras, getting pictures organized in directories and even walking around memory lane on a few of them. 


Like this one of our little fur daughter


This was her first week here.  And this little fur daughter captured my heart much like Ginger did many years ago.  I mean I was a cat person.  I agreed to a dog because Ginger wanted a dog and she is allergic to cats.  Now a days you will find Sophie splitting time between Daddy's and Mommy's lap!  Truly I am blessed to have a wonderful and loyal wife and a cute and loyal dog.

So this week has been busy.  We got the results from Ginger's EEG and MRI and they came back negative.  We have also figured out that Ginger's lightheadedness may be due to low blood pressure and the medicine she takes.  If she gets up in the morning and walks Sophie she seems to be better doing the day, so we are hoping that progress continues. 

Ginger is still dealing with anxiety attacks, unfortunately.  But we had a great meeting with the neurologist and have a plan to move forward on that.  We truly are blessed to have a wonderful system of doctor's here.

Ginger's Dad is getting better, slowly.  Her parents are finally back in town and I am sure being in your own home is much more comfortable.  We were able have dinner with them at their favorite restaurant and have a wonderful time laughing and sharing.  Did all of us good after all the medical stuff we have been having to deal with.

This past week a few friends of mine have really been dealing with depression.  Life can sometimes get really hard and sometimes it can seem overwhelming.  It is so important to have a support group that can support you, encourage you, and help you through the tough times.  As well, and this is perhaps the most important thing, is to listen (or in some cases read what they have to say).  You have to get the feelings out no matter how messed up it may seem.  Because when you get it out it doesn't stay in your head with just you.  Look, life can be tough but it can be a bit easier when you have a group of friends and family to help you through.  So if someone comes to you and they need to talk, listen.  I realize life may be busy, you may have appointments, but make some time because you never know, you could be saving a life....or losing one.

And I have been able to reconnect with a good friend of mine from 10 years ago.  Someone I truly looked up too and had some very productive talks and more than a few laughs.  It is funny how God works sometimes  but I will say it is as if there was never 10 years in between, other than keeping track of each other through Facebook.  We talked on Saturday and 3 hours seemed like 20 minutes.  I have said it many times before God is good.  And I don't, for a second, think it was just coincidence we are back in each other's lives. 

So things this Sunday are quiet.  I have been able to get a lot of administrative things photography wise taken care of so that I can get back to creating.  I have narrowed down my pictures and almost have my final list for the East Texas State Fair.  I have until 8/31 to submit so I have time.  I am actually excited just to be able to get some of my artwork out there.  And the only way you would know it is mine is if it is a self portrait or you follow my blog! 

So thank you everyone for all your prayers!  They truly are working!  Love everyone and here is to another hot Texas week!   But hey, Football is back!!!!!!

Baa



This is a tank my father built from scratch.  Pretty impressive!  Talk about detail oriented! 

And not to leave Mom out (yes, from scratch):


 Yes, I come from a highly intelligent and artistic family!  Truly blessed indeed!



Comments

Popular Posts