Week 22: Cleaning Streams, Birds and Critters

What a week of photography.  Of course most of my shots this week were taken at the ranch and first picture is something truly special.


So this little clubhouse was built from scratch by Rebecca's brother Andy.  Truly amazing.  No plans, just built from the ground up.  So around this area is where we have been clearing brush, vines, and branches.  It it near the stream so this week it was time to start cleaning trash out of the stream.  It's a shame, really.  This is the trash we pulled out from a small part of the stream:


This is the section we cleared out around the clubhouse:


Looks much better without all the trash in it.

So then around that bend started going down stream and cleaning up.  It was definitely hot and humid but when you are working and looking at all the beauty around you you forget.  But I had my cooler fr water and yes, I had my slingpack with my camera and phone so it did not get wet.  I'd hang it on a branch and get to work. 

 But I had some chances to get some shots, though I did not have my ND filter with me so I could not get too slow of a shot.  But still got some that I was proud of:



That is actually not a rock above.  That is clay with ribbons of red clay in it.  I know, I touched it lol.  This spot was just beautiful with two little falls and the sun beaming in.  And in this area I found out I had a little visitor that was watching me....



It was actually across the stream and I spotted it swimming over to the other side.  At first I thought it was a Water Moccasin.  But the Broad-banded water snake is often mistaken for them.  So this little critter was a non poisonous snake and it allowed me a couple of shots before it decided to end our little photo session!

Cleaning the stream made me think of our spiritual lives.  You know, we as believers have the Living Water flowing through us.  But sometimes trash comes in, we get careless and just drop something here or there or compromise here and there and then we realize we have some trash so we have to clean up.  Or to be specific, God cleans us up.  Just some food for thought.

On the home front, I had some more luck taking pictures of magnolias and birds believe it or not.



Honestly, having a blast taking pictures of these.  But flowers were not the only things out and about:


This little Robin allowed me a little photo shoot.  It saw me, I saw it and Sophie saw it.  So before Sophie could "bark" it away, I got a couple of shots.

And then lastly I was at lunch and I saw this big thing.  I did not have my big zoom with me, but I had my new standard zoom and it did a really good job of getting a good shot:


Decided I would not show the road kill picture with it. 

So wondering how many of you who look at this blog are coming from Facebook.   Do me a favor, if you are just comment on the Facebook post this is on.  Just contemplating either making a Facebook group that I can send my blog updates too or creating an email list.  Just thinking out loud.  It is time to go sit next to my beautiful wife and our little fur daughter.  Love you all!

Baa



Comments

Popular Posts