Week 9: Abstract Week!

So this week for the 52 week challenge it was abstract week.  I was trying to figure out while working all week what I would do and then it came to me.  I've done some of this type of work before but decided to use some new ingredients.  And since it has been a nice and peaceful weekend it was nice to be able to get into the studio while relaxed and create.

So for those who wish to know, for these pictures I used the following:

Almond Milk (makes the food coloring more vibrant and isn't transparent)
Neon Blue and Neon Green Food Coloring
Olive Oil
Dawn Dish Soap
Rectangular glass container

Blue and green fingers are optional, should have used gloves lol!

Equipment:

5d Mark III with a 100mm on a tripod with a remote release and flash trigger
Flash with a small softbox
Huion Light Pad

And the end results:

This was the one that made Ginger say Wow!

Ginger's Favorite


World Collide

Blue and Green
These are really fun to do.   It was a little bit of trial and error.  I did not use a flash at first and wasn't getting the pop I was looking for, or the sharpness.  But with a little patience, a can of Code Red Mountain Dew, creativity blossomed.

Part of it is the fact that I have had a really relaxing weekend.  In about another week, I am hoping to have a new phone.  I am getting a little excited about it!  I am working on what is called my workflow, especially when I go out of town and this will help.

So one of the questions that Ginger (and I to an extent) get asked the most is if we argue.  I am not sure where this comes from, or if people are trying to compare our relationship with theirs.  So figured I'd write this in a blog so we can point people to it when they ask.  Ginger and I have had disagreements.  However, we have never raised our voices at each other and we have never screamed at each other.  We don't call each other names and we don't throw anything in the past at each other.  I am the one that usually says something without thinking about it and even though I may not think there was anything wrong with it, if it hurts Gingers feelings I apologize.

So people express their disagreements in different ways.  We just do not see the point in yelling at each other.  What purpose does it serve?  We are quite good communicators.  The closest we ever came to an argument is when we were in the car and Ginger cried that I did not understand her anxiety.  10 minutes later she sat silent as I explained that not only did I understand it, I had it just as bad.  I just chose not to burden her with it.  Every symptom she had, every thought, and every fear she has had I have felt.

How your relationship expresses itself is between the two of you. But if you want to know how ours is expressed, this is it. 

The biggest thing we have had to learn about each other is about her being an extrovert and I being an introvert.  We process differently.  She lets her feelings out, I keep mine in.  So she asks at times how I am doing.  This blog is a way for me to process my feelings.  People read my blog last week and were worried or checking on me.  Thank you by the way, I am fine, I just was letting out how I felt.  I was fine once I pushed that Publish button.  It wasn't written for certain people to read, it was written to get thoughts out of my head.  Ginger understands her introvert well.  But here is the thing.  Please listen.  After I wrote last weeks blog she talked with me.  Checked on me.  Asked questions to see where my head was at.  She didn't say don't write it, don't publish it, but it sparked a discussion.  That, my family and friends, was more important than writing the blog.  I find that if I write things out then I can discuss them better because they are not jumbled in my head.  That is why Ginger is so good for me, an introvert.

On the flip side, I realize that Ginger needs to get her feelings out quickly so they do not bounce in her head.  The more they bounce, the bigger it becomes.  So when she needs to talk, she needs to talk.  And that is an extrovert.

I could go on but you have to realize that with Ginger having bipolar and anxiety any kind of harsh confrontation would send her spiraling downward.  And I love my wife way too much to want that to happen.  I married Ginger because I loved her, I wanted to protect her, I wanted to treat her like the jewel that she is.  And in over 9 years of marriage, that has not changed.

Baa



Comments

Popular Posts