Week 3-5: Blood Moon, Sophie and Selfies

Well Hello everyone!  Yes, it has been a couple of weeks since I have blogged.  Not that I expected to take such a break from blogging, but I have not taken a break from photography.  I am sure you would like me to catch you up on Ginger and I's lives so let's start with a blood wolf moon (I just do not get tired of saying that!)


So I didn't blog this particular weekend.  I was going through a bit of a down cycle.  Work was a bit more stressful at the time and Ginger knew all too well the "blues" that I was going through.  Not that work is suppose to be fun necessarily, but it was just one of those weekends I was dreading.  But all was not lost.  Sunday afternoon I had two people reminding me of the blood moon that was going to be going on that night.  I had been researching over the weekend when it would appear over Tyler.  Looked like I would be up past my bedtime and around 10:41 pm here came the spectacular view.  Of course I had my setup ready:


It was a cold night (cold for Texas in the 30's).  Ginger popped her head out looked at it, said cool, then said I am going to bed, lol.  So braving the cold and an almost vertical look up I began taking shots.  And with that the Sunday blues went away, I was getting texted by Teddy who was braving the cold with me in the Dallas area, and I was able to take something off my bucket list.

So the next weekend of no blog I was organizing.  Well, rearranging, house cleaning, going through things I haven't looked at in a long time and, well, cleaning house (i.e. my studio and closet).  My studio was quite tore up with stuff everywhere and I changed desks from my old computer desk to my drafting table.  It just wasn't getting used in the studio and I have always loved drafting tables, especially this one.  So with Ginger's blessing I moved stuff around, threw stuff away, and had a blast.  And even played some Rummicube with my lovely wife.  My mood was starting to turn upward.  There was something symbolic about how I was cleaning things out.  Because in the middle of all this I was cleaning out mentally as well.  I had a moment with God (truth be told I have had several, but this stands out).  I just remember saying God I am ready.  Ready for what you may ask?  I have no idea.  I was just ready for what God had in store for me.  I was ready to let go of whatever I needed to let go of and go where God would lead.  For someone who can be resistant to change, that is huge.  I feel God preparing me and I would be lying if there are times I get fearful or resistant.  But God has a way of speaking through His Word and others, giving us guideposts to follow.  I am a big believer in prayer, I have said it many times, I owe my life to those who have prayed to God for me. 

The picture, however, for that week is just one of love.


So some people don't like letting their animals lick their face.  I respect that.  I'm not one of those people.  One of the ways Sophie shows her love is by bouncing up onto us and just licking us.  And I have taught her by saying give me kisses and she will kiss my face.  From a self proclaimed cat lover, Sophie has captured my heart in ways I cannot explain.  She is a part of Ginger and I's little family and though we may not have raised her conventionally, we have raised her with lots of love, affection, and playfulness.  I call her the princess of mayhem, because she can get quite rambunctious!   One of my favorite moments is when I get home.  Ginger is at the door to greet me and Sophie is at the edge of the stairs.  It warms my heart each time I see them there.  I am loved, I am welcomed.  And Ginger gave me this wonderful card that basically thanked me for how hard I worked to provide for our family.  It brought a tear to my eye.  It is nice to be appreciated.

So this week.  This week has been good.  I have been pretty much on the same job all week and been able to accomplish a lot.  I am sore, I have a couple of blisters on my hand, but the satisfaction of a job well done is priceless.  And I continued on the cleaning trend.  My studio is put back together now and I have much more room for my equipment.  I tackled another closet, and I have had a good weekend.  And I get to go over with Ginger and watch some football with her and her Dad and eat junk food!  What is not to love!  Oh the picture for this week?  A fun one for me, just me playing with a flash, a mirror, and a sign:


Thank you everyone for your love, support, and prayers.  And please remember do not feed the zombies.....(I could have put a zombie behind me but Ginger is not too fond of zombies....)

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts