Week 22: Fishing Trip to Lake Tawakoni

So our boss, and my friend, took us on a guided fishing trip tour to Lake Tawakoni on Thursday.  The alarm clock going off at 3:30 am wasn't fun, but I was anticipating some good pictures and good fishing.  Received both. 






How can you complain with a view like this?  Taken on  the boat.  This is the boat we were on:


And when we got back as they were skinning fish we had some visitor's.


Speaking of fish, not a bad haul for 4 hours of fishing:


This is just what we put in the boat, not including what we through back.  I caught 5 myself, throwing 2 back, and had several near misses.  It was a lot of fun.  We were trying to get out on the water by 5:45 am, which is when they were really biting.  We actually got out at 6:15 am and missed the frenzy, but still didn't do bad.  Thumbs up to these guides who did really good getting us to where the fish were.  And yes, we will be going back next year!

So on the home front, Ginger is still loving her job.  Having to learn new things can be challenging, but she has done really well.  In fact she is studying some stuff for work right now.  Everyone has been so helpful to her and she is getting acclimated to the change.  She really has been a trooper with all the change and done extremely well.  She hates asking a bunch of questions but that comes with learning new things.  Her favorite thing, interacting with the patient's.  Go figure for my lil extrovert!

So having accumulated some fun money working with a lot of sweat and a little bit of blood, I had been mulling over a new tablet.  The one I got a while back was not accomplishing the things I needed it too.   So through a lot of research, especially on what would do best for photography, and Ginger encouraging me to buy it,  I picked up an Ipad pro since they were on sale.  It is my first Apple product.  It will not be my last.  I mean that is what fun money is for right?  Buy something fun.  I needed something that could handle some mobile Photoshop applications yet something I could carry easily.  I needed something powerful.  Teddy will be proud.  Every review I went to, every site I visited pointed me to this gem.  Above the Microsoft Surface, above any Android tablet, or 2 and 1, this thing consistently was blowing things out of the water.  So having worked in the Amazon ecosystem, Window ecosystem, and Android ecosystem, it was time for me to give Apple a try.  It will allow me to edit away from home and sort through pictures on site.  It has taken some time to get use to but over a 100 pages into a user guide and I am learning fast the Apple ecosystem.  And the old tablet.  Well with a $7 adapter I have made it into an external monitor for my camera in my studio and outside in the field.  I can be away from my camera, look at my tablet, focus from my tablet, and take the picture.  More portable than a laptop.  One thing about it, I can be pretty versatile lol!  And me, I just love learning new things.  And I get to learn some new software, Lightroom.

So with Sophie sleeping and Ginger telling me how much fun she is learning studying and having just watched the end of the NASCAR race, life is good.  It is getting hot here in Texas and not seeing much in the rain department.  Thank goodness for air conditioning!   Ginger is already talking about fall shopping coming up in August lol.  Thank you everyone for your prayers, God is good.

Baa



Comments

Popular Posts