Homeade Cookies, Photo Projects, and Laughing Often!

Oh my goodness I cannot believe how much time has passed since my last blog.  When I talked with my Dad this afternoon and he told me it'd been almost a couple of months, I was stunned.  Not that it has been far from my mind.  I keep seeing photography projects I want to do and post on the blog, and I've been practicing with my flashgun and color gels with some surprising results!  I love to learn!  So you can thank my Dad (with Mom's support!) for the little nudge to write the blog, I love my parents dearly!

So the short answer is Ginger and I are doing extremely well!  We had a biopsy done of the lump in Ginger's breast and it came back benign.   On another note, Ginger, who  has always loved baking,  has been baking me cookies, just about every week!  I love chocolate chip and I really love the peanut butter chocolate cookies she makes:

These cookies are delicious and they are making my pooch just a little bit bigger!

I've been busy with fall cleaning!  I got the Halloween decorations all put up and in the attic and I added on to some shelves I'd built so that we could have a place for our shoes and winter clothes!  I even organized all my tools!  I've been getting all my props together for my photographic projects so I can begin getting creative again.  Not that my camera isn't far from me, I'm always finding something to photograph or thinking of a project to do!  I get a magazine called Digital Photo, which is made in England, and it has become one of two mags I get (the other is Photoplus for Canon) that gives me alot of ideas.  It has become my favorite magazine because it shows me not only about photography but about Photoshop Elements as well.  They have a Nikon slant when reviewing equipment, so I take that with a grain of salt, but that is why I get Photoplus!

So what kind of projects, well here are a few samples of me playing.  I call them, Halloween on our Mind:





Just a little Photoshop magic with Layers.  They aren't perfect, but it was a fun afternoon taking pics of Ginger, her taking mine, and playing with the computer!

We had a Halloween Party at work and I was in charge of taking pictures of the kids for our costume contest.  So before I was able to have a little fun with my camera and took this:


Not to leave out the moon,  I took this picture a couple of days ago of a crescent moon:

Not the best I've taken, but I was on my way to work (yes, on my way to work!) saw this moon and just had to snap a few pics off!  I can't help it, I'm fascinated with the moon!

And yesterday afternoon Ginger and I went to a beautiful wedding.  I took lots of pictures and even got what I call a money shot, the one where the groom kisses the bride, but I'll let her see it first before I post it!  But here is one of my favs without people in it!






So something to give you a little laugh about.  So on the weekends I've taken to eating Lucky Charms on Sunday Morning, pulling out my newly bought Looney Tunes Spotlight Collection Volume 1 and watching a little Bugs Bunny.  Want the secret to a simple happy life?  Laugh alot.  In fact, above my computer here, with pictures of Ginger and I's wedding it says:  Live Simply, Laugh Often, Love Much.  Ginger and I's mantra. 


Baa


Comments

Popular Posts