Painter of Apartments

So it was great to see the response from my last post.  I see I was not alone, that others do go through the same type of circumstances.  I loved my Dad's, Leonardo just a painter of churches, yeah, I hear you Dad.  So after the rant, I go to church the next day and we are being taught out of I Peter. Just started the series in fact. 

What I've gotten so far is how as a believer you are different to the world.  Strange.  You live differently, notice I didn't say perfectly, than the world.  Ginger and I talk about it all the time.  For example, she is reading a book, a love story, and they go out on their first date and end up in bed.  Ginger puts the book down and says it'd have been so much better if they'd waited, gotten to know each other.  But the world thinks differently I said.  The world wants what it wants now. 

And for the most part, my role as a "painter" I fit in just nicely.  I love my job, love what I do, and there are specific challenges each week that I have to overcome.  But in moments, and don't we all have them, well, let me speak for me, I have them, when someone just says something at just the right, or wrong, time you think, hey I'm a whole lot more than what you think.  I take pride in what I do, I do the best job I can each time I paint and sometimes you don't feel appreciated.  Then I have to take a breath, vent if I have to (like I did) and realize that I work for the Lord, not man.  He sees me.  Yes, I'll admit, sometimes I DO want man to see what I do.  I'm human.  Sometimes I want the pat on the back.  And then I have to take a step back and realize that I've given my life to God, I work where He wants me to work and do what He wants me to do.  I'm so blessed to be where I'm at in life right now and I can never lose sight of that. 

Maybe one day they'll say Paul was a painter of apartments.  I like that.  There is much more to me than that and those that love me know that. 

Baa

Comments

  1. Very Well Said! We love you very much & are so proud of you, as Paul, as well as Paul, Great Painter. You know, I've always been "Just a housewife & monm" & "Just a Crafter". But, now I have become, what I hope & pray, is a great example to other housewives, moms & crafters. Our "jobs" on this Earth are between ourselves & God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts