Project 365

The title of this blog gives me visions of a secret government experiment that you must have top level clearance to be aware of.  Well, this isn't that, exactly.  I'd heard of this project pertaining to writing, blogging, and then photography.  I was reading a photography magazine and someone, in short, decided to take a picture everyday for a year to figure out what type of photography they liked. 

So it got me to thinking.  I know what types of photography I like, but I wanted to embark upon this journey, this project, albeit, tweaked.  Hey, I'm an artist, a creative artist at that, and you will typically find me outside the box of some perfectly outlined project.  Letting my unique flag fly, so to speak.  So I decided that I was going to take a picture each day for a year and either a) blog about it or b) write in my journal.  I had to give myself the journal out for this reason.  Blogging goes out and everyone can read it.  Journal writing is a more intimate and private affair.  Most pictures will make it to the blog unless of some private moment.  All I can say though is, expect the unexpected....

So you may ask what do I expect to gain from embarking upon this project?  The unexpected.  Hopefully I'll take some great pictures but I think as well that I'll gain an awareness for the composition and looking for those fleeting moments that can be captured with a camera.  As far as the journal/blog aspect, I love writing and the photograph gives me the avenue to spur writing. 

So yesterday was day one and the picture from yesterday:


It is ironic that I start such a creative and open ended endeavor with a picture of my favorite writing utensil.  This is an Alvin Draft/Matic .5mm Mechanical Pencil.  It has gotten so much use, from drawing and writing, and has been a favorite tool of mine.  It was one of my first "big" purchases ($20.00) when I got into drawing and has not let me down.  In fact yesterday, as I journalled for day one, I used my trusty tool.  And now my camera becomes another tool to be creative.  For someone who likes the precision and control of realistic graphite drawings my camera has become much the same, albeit with faster results!  I haven't gotten into photo manipulation software yet, a new computer and software is needed for that and, well, I'm learning the in's and out's of the camera right now.

Today, day two I was at work and would you believe a squirrel with a hot dog bun.  I kid you not.  For those who are very close to Ginger and I you know who Sparky is and so here is Sparky eating.....


Where will this lead, who knows but God!  But at the end of 365 days maybe I'll have an answer.....

Baa

Comments

  1. Baaaa.... I look forward to tagging along for the journey! blessings ~ t.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts