Week 18: Acrylic Pour and Photography

 So creatively this has been a rather good week.  In fact, it has been a pretty productive week.  In big news I finally pressed the shutter button (instead of pulling the trigger, a little photography humor) and ordered my new camera.  It was starting to become hard to get again, so well, I did it.  Ginger was amazed at how much I had in my fun money stash.  So next week I should, hopefully, have a new camera to learn.  Not to say I have not been using the heck out of my soon to be older one!  One of my favorite subjects to shoot:


Taken this morning.  Could not believe it when I saw the moon between the trees!  Of course magnolia season is here and since we have two magnolia trees in front of our home I take advantage when the season comes.




And the cardinals are still playing in the back!



And usually I am out with Sophie in the back and have to get a shot of her:


Yesterday I got to spend an enormous amount of time in the studio working on acrylic pours.  I was trying a new technique out and not getting really good results.  Not a bad thing.  I learned a lot about consistency of my paint, what not to do, and what to do.  Playing around with fluorescent paint and regular paint got me this:

 which turns into:

But the real gem was this, one of my favorites:



Photographs don't do it justice, you have to see it to really appreciate it.

My most exciting experiment though was something I have been trying to recreate for months.  You know sometimes you do something and forget how you did it?  Well, I had created a flame looking pour and I could never quite get it right again.  For months on and off I have tried.  Well, through my failed experiments earlier in the day I tried something and low and behold, I found the formula again:


The one on the right is the old one.  I was one happy artist!  Of course because I did fire I had to do ice (or water):



These glow in black light as well, but these are really cool in just regular light, which is what I have been trying to do is make them look good both in regular light and uv light.  This experimenting thing has been fun.  Not everything is a keeper, but I am starting to have quite a collection of different styles!

So the creativity has been good for me.    Heck the putting things into action has been really good for me.  Ordering the camera, exercising my creative mind and setting boundaries has done wonders.  I had forgotten to mention a lunch meeting I had with my best friend in which we could discuss things honestly without fear of anything really.  He deals with many of my same issues and knows a lot of the same people I do, so he gets it.  So I have been doing a LOT better at work because I have been taking my lunches.  I know this sounds crazy, but I would usually just work straight through.  Instead, now I take my camera and my tome of computer knowledge and take an hour to escape the rigors of work.  And I leave work at work.  And now that I am not mixing my support group with work, that has made a big difference too.  And God is providing opportunities for me.  I just need to continue to trust Him and rely on Him.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful week, hopefully next week I will be showing some pictures from my new camera!  Thank you for the love and support!

Baa




Comments

Popular Posts