Week 38 and Week 39: Updates on Family and Pictures!

 So once again it is a two week blog.  I have been busy and family has been coming first at least on the prayer front.  My Dad has been going up and down with the Parkinson and surgery but we got word that the increase in medication for his Parkinson's has brought him back from, well, quite frankly, a scary place.  But God has been answering prayers.  Dad is dad again.  I cannot tell you how much relief I feel in that.  I was ready to head to Iowa.  On top of this Ginger's Dad had to go into the hospital because he needed some IV antibotics for the swelling and sores on his legs.  He is in good spirits, though he is still itching a lot, but he is out of the hospital.  

Ginger has done a very good job of checking up on me as far as my mood.  Depression sucks, but I have a wonderful support group.  I am thankful for those around me, my Mom giving me updates, Ginger and Sophie, Ginger's family and their prayers, and my community group who have prayed mightily for my family and I. 

 So work has been nuts, but what is new!  That said, I have, for the past two weeks, been back to Lindale.   The ranch is my favorite place to work and I always get some good pictures.  And Rebecca and her brother Andy have been such fun to be around again!  Jewels, her dog, greets me greatly!  And Andy's dog Abby is still the stick chaser she always is!  And the horses, well, they remember me well!

 So pictures!  Yes, I have pictures!  So one of the cutest, and the first picture is of Sophie, shocker!


 Scarecrow is looking at Sophie and Sophie is looking at me like, really Dad.

So on the ranch been getting a couple of pictures:

Last week I had such fun playing with the chainsaw!

And can you see the animal in the picture?

So I have been having fun getting some vintage camera equipment pretty cheaply.  The good news is, a lot of these new, old lens I am going to be able to use to do some extreme macro photography and learn some more manual focusing technology.  I am having fun, just having to find the time to play a little bit.

 


Okay so Ginger's sister Jenny suggested a book for me to read.  The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.  So I have just started this book but I can already tell that it is going to be one of my favorite books.  It has exercises and such, things you do daily and during the week.  It has a spiritual aspect to it and though I may not agree to all the spiritual aspects she holds it doesn't matter, I can see the potential of growth in my photography and artistry in general.  Tomorrow starts my first Morning Pages (anyone who reads the book will know the term) and I am actually looking forward to it.  I will keep everyone updated as I move through the book.  It will not deter from my other studies though, I can see them working together.  Thank you Jenny,  so far I am enjoying it greatly.

Well everyone, time to go and sit next to my wonderful wife!  We love ya'll!  Keep our families in your prayers!

Baa

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.

                Joseph Chilton Pearce

Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once he/she grows up.

                Pablo Picasso



Comments

Popular Posts