Week 10: Purple Pink Lemonade Pie


So I had a wonderful birthday on Friday.  It started by Ginger coming into the bedroom with my birthday pie and a 5 and 2 candle blazing singing happy birthday!  What a way to wake up!  And then she asked if I wanted a piece of pie!  Um, yes please.  The name of the pie is called a pink lemonade pie but you can make it any color.  This year I wanted purple.  It was either that or neon green!  I have grown up with this pie being made by my Mom on my birthday.  And Ginger has carried on the tradition.  It is very, very sweet.  And delicious.  Ginger likes the crust.  So the current state of my pie looks like this:



Yep the crust is on the bottom but she loves the crust and so she will nibble on it when I get a piece!  It is actually pretty cute. 

I took half the day off and, of all things, took a nap.  Isn't it funny.  As a kid you hate naps.  As adults naps are the absolute bomb.  I got to have a long talk with my parents (Ginger says I light up when I talk with them) and have chicken wings and fries at Chili's!  In case you didn't know, I love chicken wings (Bubba says I am going to turn into a chicken).

I wasn't going to work this weekend, but Rebecca called and I decided to go ahead and go out to Lindale.  Boy I got a workout.  Even with a sprained hand I moved 40 60 lb bags of concrete and mortar.  Definitely a workout.  My hand was wrapped and I made sure not to twist it.  But it was nice being able to help her out.

So this week's 52 week challenge was the theme of watching.  Oh yes, I had some ideas on that and Sophie, my partner in crime, did not disappoint.  With my camera balancing on a book and my remote in hand.....




This is our Sophie window.  She loves looking out this window and when we leave sometimes when we come back she is looking out of it for us.  If she wants the window open she scratches on it!  She barks at the neighbor's cat (who looks at her with indifference) and anyone walking up to the door.  But she loves people watching, bird watching and even watches the leaves when the wind blows them! 

Sunday mornings have become one of my favorite times.  It is quiet, the sun is coming up and while Ginger is asleep, Sophie comes with me and usually chews on a bone beside me while I either meditate on what picture I want to do for the day.  And I usually go through in my mind what I am going to write about in my blog.  Sometimes from morning to afternoon it changes completely.

So here is another photo.  Sophie likes to look out this window in my studio and it is the Sophie Perch.  When I leave for work I can find her here watching me as I get in my car and go to work.  This is another place where she watches for Mommy!


So my studies are still going well and now that I have a good camera nest egg going I am contemplating buying a new lens.  I could update my camera as well, but that will probably come at the end of the year.  Right now I am looking at a lens I have wanted since I started photography, a Canon 70-200mm L IS II or III.  Right now they are $1799 for the III, and $1699 for the II (A sale is going on where they are $300 off).  or I could get the Sigma version for $1249.  As always I research everything completely trying to decide.  Decisions, decisions.    Such is the life of a photographer!  But that's why I move 40 60 lb bags of cement on a Saturday, to save up for stuff like this.  Don't worry everyone, I am not using my rent money to pay for my photography equipment!

On that note I am in the beginning stages of putting together a website.  It's time.  I am researching hosting sites right now.  I want a central place to put my acrylic pours (Yes, I am still loving pours and want to go bigger now) and photography.  Right now I have them in Instagram and Flickr with a little bit in Facebook.  I would like to have one place people can go to.  So that is something you who pray for me can pray for me about.  Lots of changes are coming, I feel it.  I have not been given the plan (that would be God's department) but I trust God has it in His hands!

So I am taking Ginger on Tuesday to the doctor to hopefully get some answers on the anxiety attacks.  Such is the life of someone who suffers from bipolar and an anxiety disorder.  Just pray we get some good answers.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.  As the website gets closer I will let everyone here know.  Lots of love from Ginger, Sophie, and I!

Baa






Comments

Popular Posts