Week 6: Acrylic Pours are back!


So I am back in the swing of things with a special acrylic pour for someone in my family.  Actually before that I did a pour for my good friend Sean as he has been waiting patiently.  It felt really good getting back into the studio today and creating.  This particular one is 3 kinds of purple and white.  And I went back to the technique I know and got the results I was looking for.  Of course my butane torch which I use to pop bubbles went out, but my paint was doing it's work without it!  And now I have some more ideas for my next one's.  I am going to do a series with fluorescents.

Had an absolute wonderful community group this Thursday.  What has God taught you this week.  Such a simple question but it opened up a plethora of responses and you could just feel how God was working in each of our lives.  We really do have a wonderful group, each member is special and we just seem to get closer and closer.  And for the first time in a long time, Ginger and I didn't stream the service this week, we actually went!  It was a wonderful time and it was good to see everyone.

Work continues to be work, but to be honest, as I get closer to God, my search for significance in my job has diminished.  Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for my job and I take pride in my work.  In fact I got to redeem myself on Friday with working on some shower walls by knocking it out of the park.  But as the sermon I heard today stated, we should seek our worth in God, not in anything else including work.  And God continues to guide my steps.  I have learned that trying to please man and their expectations is a one way trip to frustration.  Some may never be satisfied and want perfection.  But take heart, when you work for God, He will guide you, encourage you, and not pressure you.  This holds true in my art as well.  When I create for the sake of creating I find myself at peace and I find a tranquility. 

So lastly, Ginger was asked this week how soon was it that she knew I was the "one".  She said 5 minutes.  My sense of humor is what did it.   I can be pretty funny, can't I honey!  (Yes, she proofreads this!).    Look, I have said it before.  Our secret sauce for our relationship is a love for God and communication.  We don't try to change each other, we are our own person and yet we are one.  She is my best friend and one of my biggest encouragers.   And she is loyal to me like no other.  And she has such compassion which I think is another key.  I want Ginger to be who God wants her to be.  I don't want to control her or her be what I want.  And it works both ways.  And over 10 years of marriage later, we are still so very much in love and very happy. 

So I hope everyone is having a good week.  Valentine's Day is coming up this week and I have a most wonderful sweetheart! 

Baa




Comments

Popular Posts