Week 20: Wildcard and Ginger's First Week!


Wildcard

So sometimes it is just fun to get into the studio and have fun.  I love getting into the studio when I have a message to convey, and sometimes I just get a fun idea and so I figure why not.  I had gotten a hot shoe bracket so I could put my flash trigger and remote trigger both on top of my camera, and the LED lighting allowed me to get better focus in the studio without taking away from the ambience. 

The jokers themselves come from an antique set of cards from Ginger's grandmother.  But what message am I trying to convey?  From early in our relationship Ginger has called me her lil rebel. It is a nickname I have always cherished from her.  I won her heart by laughter and making Sparky talk.  I didn't act my age, and sometimes still don't, I was a wildcard in the sea of humanity.  And in a world that she saw literally in black and white I brought some color into her world.  I brought some fun and humor into her world and as a consequence it helped her bipolar and anxiety.  Yes, I can be mischievous.  I am not above jumping on the coffee table and doing a little dance while Ginger laughs and Sophie looks at Daddy like he is crazy.  But in all seriousness, that is exactly what my lovely wife needs.  Bipolar and anxiety can be hard.  Trying to smile when you feel your world is closing in around you is hard.  And God knew.  I can rate the severity of how bad Ginger is feeling in how long it takes me to make her smile or laugh.  I have a toolbox of tools that I use to help Ginger feel better and it takes a wildcard, someone who thinks outside of the box.  There was a time, early in our relationship, that Ginger tried to fit me in a box.  But in time she learned that I flourish outside of the box and have helped her the most when I am out of it.  I mean, I am an artist and going down the creative paths that I do take me many different places.  But Ginger grounds me.  And even though I am a wildcard, she keeps me from traveling too far down dangerous roads.  One of our favorite quotes is from Anne Lammott, "My mind is a bad neighborhood I try not to go into alone."  So we venture into each other's minds together and along the way you will hear Ginger giggling and me making inanimate objects talk.  Life is too short not to have a little fun....

Baa

P.S.  Ginger loves her new job!  She wanted to wear scrubs and talk to patients, my lil extrovert!  And so her dream came true....


Comments

Popular Posts