Week 3: Winter Wonderland

Only in Texas.  On Monday night we started getting rain.  By Tuesday morning we were in a winter wonderland.  Sent a picture to my parents and said that Tyler was officially closed due to weather.  With it at around 18 degrees outside and a wind chill in the single digits I was, of course, out taking pictures. Our little courtyard had turned into a snowy wonderland:








Out front, the streets were quiet and I was able to walk around and take some pictures:



I've got a pretty amazing boss, who not only let us have the next two days off because of the weather, but paid us for them.  Because of the rain on Monday night the roads had turned to ice.  Which up North is not as big as a deal as here.  Here, people think they can either drive normal or stop on a hill when they start sliding (and start sliding back) etc.  Give it to Tyler, they started closing streets with hills off till they were treated because people are, well people.  I stayed home, inside, and was happy as can be for two days.  Ginger, after half a day was stir crazy (Another Introvert vs. Extrovert).  She went to work on Wednesday (had a harrowing time getting to work, not so much getting home).  Me, well, I had the couch and Ginger's sisters camera to work on.  I had my little workshop in the living room:


Sophie was supervising (i.e. sleeping), I had instructions on my tablet, my phone was at the ready for texts from Ginger, and the remotes were at the ready for TV.  Still love tinkering with electronics.  For those wondering, yes I got the camera back together and yes it works great!  During our hibernation on Tuesday are neighbors came out and wrote notes on all of our cars.  It was cute, we have pretty cool neighbors!

Now it is Sunday and it is a little over 70 degrees and we are expecting thunderstorms.  Wednesday morning it was 10 degrees with a 0 degree wind chill.  Today we could have the windows open.  Only in Texas.  Ginger was thankful for the snow but is glad it is gone.  Considering on Thursday when it was 16 degrees and I was working outside and inside, glad it is a little warmer.  Of course I was dressed in layers so I was quite warm. 

Hope everyone survived intact.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Baa



Comments

Popular Posts