Week 44: Ranch Life and a Hunter's Moon

I find it interesting where I find inspiration.  I am blessed on Saturday's that when I go to Lindale I can do my work with my camera at my side.  usually I throw it in the 4 wheeler, go about my work, and if inspiration strikes then I can take my shots.  The advantages of working for another artist! 

So while cleaning out the chicken coop, inspiration struck:






Rebecca was so happy to see this put up.  She'd been wanting this up for a while.  A spot for each of the 4 horses.


I remember this going up and how it took some time to figure out how to make it look perfect with the shelf on top.


I took several shots of this area, this was my favorite.  The chickens produce eggs (and yes, I am allowed to have fresh eggs!), which we normally find when we clean the coop.  Of course a new coop is being built by Andy, it is going to be a master piece for sure!

Speaking of horses, it is nothing short of miraculous on how I have become so compfortable around horses.  I can thank Gretchen, a kind and gentle horse who helped me, and Rebecca telling me how to talk to Gretchen about the things I am doing.  In fact, I was in the pen with 4 horses, and my camera, just snapping away (I am working on a horse project, details will come in the future) just flitting in and out of the horses.  As I was taking pictures I felt a nuzzle on my shoulder and there was Gretchen saying hi.  And then there was this fellow who decided he wanted to say hi too:





This Saturday, as well, we had a Hunter's Moon (Known as the Harvest Moon or Beaver Moon).  I actually went out and hunted for a good spot to take the picture.  Took some driving around but finally got to take this shot:





Well worth hunting around for it!  You just have to make sure to take Image Stabilization off when you take the shot!  Though not a super moon, I took the shot low to the horizon which made it appear bigger.  The moon is still one of my favorite subjects to take pictures of!

And last but not least, I had someone ask me for a picture of my DIY light boxes.  So I figured I would place a picture of it on the blog for reference.  Completely DIY, no templates, I figured both of them out on the fly as I built them.  I get that from my Dad.  And now I going to add on to one of them for water drop photography.  This is a lot of fun.....

Hope everyone has a good week, thank you for the prayers and good thoughts!

Baa





Comments

Popular Posts