Dragonfly


This little fella right here was buzzing around me all day. I just had to go get my camera and try to get a picture. It took me about 5 minutes of standing still, sweat pouring off me, but it finally stayed in one spot long enough for this cameo. I love dragonflies. I especially liked the neon green (though I'm looking for the elusive red one). There are several on the property I work on.

Well, it is the weekend (finally!)! It has been hot, and I do mean hot. I'm pretty good till about 3, and then I feel the energy just sap out of me. Ginger, my sweet wife, encourages me through text to drink plenty of water. I can't tell you how important that is in the line of work I do. Already I'm sagging my size 29 jeans, which is normal in the summer. By winter they will be comfortable, but I usually drop weight around this time.

Just like I need water in the heat, so too do we need the Word of God when we are in the "heat". When we are in adverse conditions, it is especially important to keep hydrated. Actually we need it daily, but during times of hardship, God's Word gives us hope, gives us peace, gives us guidance to make it through. The particular verse God gave me today was Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

And it sustained me, and my day turned out pretty good. It was awesome to think that the God of the universe cares about little ole me. He thinks of me, and I have a future and a hope through Him. I love my new life. And I see a future, and I have hope. And I follow God to the best of my ability, not perfectly, and He is patient with me. Like some of the things I blog about. I really ask the Lord to guide me in that. There have been a couple where I've said, really God? What will people think? I'm reminded of a song by DC Talk, What will people think when they find that I'm a Jesus Freak... Though sometimes, if it causes my wife anxiety, I listen to her. As you can see, I've wrote them. I push the fact of what people will think aside, and instead ask, "How can God use this for His glory?" I have no idea who is looking at this, but God does. And if I'm a vessel, then my orders come from Him. My life is His anyway. Trust me, I ran my life for a while, and I made such a mess. I mean, I thought I'd written on the walls with permanent marker, never to get it off, but God has a way of cleaning the walls.

So now I'm in a cool room, getting ready to eat pizza, and snuggle on the couch with Ginger. I've been looking forward to that all day. God is so good....

Comments

Popular Posts