Week 29 Infrared Flower Photography

So lots of pictures this week.  Didn't really start out that way but this weekend has been both productive and relaxing.  For starters, as I was helping someone with questions about ND filters I found an infrared filter that said person had given me.  Praising God for my good fortune, I decided to play around with it today and take a shot of some flowers that I gave my beautiful and precious wife (surprising your wife on Friday with flowers is ALWAYS a good thing!):


Ginger and I both love this picture.  So the colored pictures:



So another infrared picture that I took from our balcony at Destin:


So as I was about to write my blog, Sophie decided she wanted to act cute.  This wonderful blanket, made by Chelsea,  is highly sought after by Ginger, Sophie, and I.  Whose the owner of it?  Whoever gets it first! 


Daddy, you know it's my blanket...

So out on the walk yesterday with Sophie I came across this.  Look, it's just cool.   Sophie wanted nothing to do with it:


Okay this week was challenging, to say the least.  This is what I had to look forward to for work:




Many of you know I work for Affordable Paint and Repair.  I've said it more than once, I do not want my boss's job.  Of course that leaves me to fix things.  Yes the floor was collapsing.  The toilet was being held by the joist, flange and back wall.  This was in a mobile home.  So there is nothing to do but to do it right?

Well fix it we did.


Home owner was going to take care of walls.  You can exercise on this thing now. 

On a personal note I got to face a few of my past demons this week.  From work related abandonment issues, work issues in general, to continuing to find a voice my depression did flare up.  But with support and good friends and family I persevered through it to a weekend that was good for my soul.  These flare ups happen from time to time.  But you know what was the biggest help?  Calling my wife right after each incident happened.  And she helped navigate me through the maze that my mind can be at times.  Not everything was my fault and not everything was the fault of others and Ginger can help me see it from a perspective where I am not in the middle.  And she knows exactly what I go through, just as I walked with her when she did.  All this to say, I'm good.  Rough week, but this weekend more than made up for it.  And my to do list is getting shorter!  It's been fun taking pictures this week and getting some things knocked off the list.  And I have been hearing rumors about an art party being planned which excites me!  What can I say, I am an artist at heart.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week, and stay safe in this heat!

Baa



Comments

Popular Posts